My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Monday, November 26, 2007

Off we go again

Remember back in April when we took J-man to the Shriner's hospital for his feet? (You can read about it here and here) Well, today is the day we head back for more tests.

This one is the cool one with the computer and stuff. He's excited - a little.

The kid is a worrier. BIG time. He worries about everything. We recently watched Last Holiday with Queen Latifah. Shortly after it we were talking about this trip and he said "Mom, what if they tell me I have something strange and I only have two weeks to live?!" I had to tell him that nothing is wrong with him... his hips aren't fatal. Yet he still worries.

Keep us in your thoughts as we drive 3-4 hours to Greenville, SC. The boys are heading to the doggie hotel in a couple of hours and my pre-trip "to do" list is a MILE long.

Updates tomorrow night!

13 comments:

Lisa said...

P&PT headed your way!!

CindyDianne said...

please keep us updated!

J-man! No worries! It will all work out just fine!

Burfica said...

good luck and I hope they can give you an answer.

Canadian flake said...

you will all be in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there and let us know how you make out.

KLee said...

Hope that all turns out well. Tell J-man that my best friend has triplets, and TWO of her kids are regulars at the Shriner's Hospital in Tampa, and have been going since they were 5. They're 14 now. The Shriners have been GREAT to them.

J-man will probably see the orthopedist, and maybe go to the casting room, where they make the lifts and braces for kids with mobility problems. I'm sure everything will come out great!

DJ Andi said...

Finger and toes are crossed for J-man. It will all be OK. You'll know what to do once he goes through all the tests. I'd say if the condition will not mess with his quality of life, don't do it. I think at J-man's age, it might seem exciting to have surgery if you've never had it. I think I was about 12 when I had some major exploratory surgery. I thought it would be cool, it wasn't all that cool in hind sight.

Just go with your gut, it'll be OK.

Valerie said...

Good luck and best wishes!

raine said...

Hope it's a successful trip!!!!!!

Biddie said...

Hugs. Let us know how it all went :)

Cup said...

Saying prayers for J-man.

katy said...

hope all goes well x

GrizzBabe said...

Hope everything goes well!

whatevergirl said...

I am a little late, but I hope all went well...let us know soon