My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

30 Days of Truth: Day 20

Your views on drugs and alcohol.

My view on these two vices? Hmmmm...

I drank like a fish in college. Seriously. I wonder how I made it home a time or two. But these days I can take it or leave it.

I drink in social situations, like a party or when/if we go out with other folks. But to sit at home and drink a beer? That rarely happens. It gives me a headache and makes me sleepy. I think I got my fill of it all in college and have grown out of it.

As for drugs... the worst I ever did was pot. And I haven't done that since dating the idiot I talked about earlier. And even then it was rare... he would rather sell it than smoke it.

I did take some speed once in high school... Black Beauties. The thing was, it was homecoming week and we were decorating the halls. I popped the speed and proceeded to climb on top of the lockers to hang streamers.

When that stuff hit me... OMG... it took two or three guys to get me down. It kinda scared me and I haven't taken anything like that since.

And the last time I smoked pot, it was laced with something that scared me, too. I don't like feeling out of control, and whatever was on that joint was crazy. I didn't like the feeling at. all.

So, all in all, I have had my experiences with both of these, and have come out the other side without an addiction. A few brain cells are missing - for sure - but I am blessed to not need rehab or anything like that.

No comments: