My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Thursday, November 11, 2010

30 Days of Truth: Day 17

A book you've read that changed your view on something

I haven't actually read this book. Instead I have been listening to snippets of it on XM Book Radio while driving home from work. Now I plan on finding it to read it all (or checking the audio CDs out of the library).

The book is Rocket Men: The Epic Story of the First Men on the Moon.

Although I have always been interested in NASA and the space program, I haven't spent a lot of time studing the program or the men that made it all happen. It has always somehow just "been there"... I mean I was barely born when the first space walk happened.

This book has REALLY peaked my interest. It is a behind the scenes look at the astronauts and the other people in the space program from the beginning. It is, truly, one of the most interesting stories I have heard in a long time. I am excited to read all the chapters and stories I have missed.

1 comment:

Coffeypot said...

Read The Right Stuff, too. About the first astronauts and how they were chosen and trained and how they partied.