My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

30 Days of Truth: Day 16

Something or someone you could definitely live without

Oprah

I am so over her. I used to love her, but suddenly she became this self-centered, egotistical person and I couldn't watch any more.

I get it that she wants to help young girls - I am all for that. I'll support anything that helps young women, but can't she do that here, too? Lets build or support some inner-city schools to help out girls there.

And she wants people to read good books - you KNOW I'm all for that, but her choices are all so flippen depressing! Ugh.

I'm risking my life here folks. (teehee) I probably shouldn't say anthing negative about her. She may have some sort of secret-service group that takes DOWN any Oprah nay-sayers. If you still like her, good for you! She just isn't my cup of tea anymore.

3 comments:

SkippyMom said...

OH I wish I had thought of her, I would've posted the same thing.

[Bring in on O!]

You said it like I would say it.

Cannot.stand.her.

I picked avocados. Pretty much make me as sick as she does. hee

Coffeypot said...

“I get it that she wants to help young girls…” You need to modify that in that she wants to help young black girls. I don’t see any of her schools in Africa encouraging white girls. But she did say that when she went into the inner-city schools in the US and ask the kids what she could do for them, the asked for iPods, name brand shoes and clothes. The kids in Africa ask for books and a chance to learn. America is our own worst enemy when it comes to the kids.

comebacknikki said...

Oh, I am so with you on this one. I used to love her, but over the last couple of years, she has become so sanctimonious, egotistical, and just frickin' annoying... I just cannot stand her anymore! Ugh!