My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Friday, February 05, 2010

Kiddos

Bug

We got a letter from the school this week explaining to us about a new student tutor program. With this program they are asking that students with a high apptitude for math become a tutor for kids in their class that just aren't quite getting it.

Needless to say when I began reading the letter after Bug handed it to me, I was thinking they were going to say she needed tutoring.

But NO

To our pleasant surprise, they want her to be a tutor!! My daughter is going to be helping other sixth grade kids in math!

Where did she get it from? Not me... or her dad.... or her grandparents... I am just SO proud of her.

J-man

I think I may have found something that will interest J-man.

He is a comedian. I swear that kid will do anything and everything to make you laugh. If you have read Howie Mandel's book Here's the Deal Don't Touch Me, you will know how J-man behaves. My son is a younger version of Howie, but without the color-blindness and OCD issues. (And I recommend the book... it is very funny!)

Last night I went on an outing with my work team. We went to the Whole World Improv Theatre in downtown Atlanta and watched an improv show.

OMG - epiphany!

It is PERFECT for J-man. He could do what they do. He might be able to do it better!

They have classes for teenagers, too. I want to enroll him soooo bad... but we are going to have to wait to come up with the cash. 18 weeks is almost $400... and their summer camp is $200 a week for five weeks... yes, $1,000!!! It would SO be worth it.

I am going to be saving my pennies for a while.

One kid may get in college and one kid may be famous someday like the voice of Gizmo and Bobby!

2 comments:

SkippyMom said...

How wonderful Marni - for both kids.

Tell Bug we all said YAY! That is awesome. Not only will she be able to help can you imagine the boost to the kids' esteem? YAY!

And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the idea of comedy came for J Man. How cool that they have classes? And camp? Sounds perfect [and again an esteem booster, eh?]I bet we could brainstorm a way to get the money. That is awesome.

Give the kidlets my best. Very proud Mama you are!

GrizzBabe said...

So glad to see your kids are finding their way in this life! And I'm not surprised that J-Man is so talented at being funny. He comes by it honestly. Funny kids have funny parents. Or grandparents. ;)