My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Grades

I want to take one minute to congratulate my son.

He is rockin' the 6th grade this year! I just checked his grades online (the report card comes home next week) and he has -- get this:

2 As
2 Bs
1 C

This from a kid that averaged an 11 in Math most of last year!

I cannot begin to tell you - or him - how proud I am of him. He is working soooo hard to get through this year. I think being the oldest in his grade (he has ALWAYS been the smallest and youngest) has helped, plus he is familiar with the material. He heard it all last year, but didn't actually do any work.

I'm not saying it has been easy. We've been moving forward and have had a few setbacks, but the difference between this year and last year is amazing. His teachers are wonderful and helpful - heck one has already sent me the work for next week and he isn't even back in school yet!

Keep your fingers crossed that this continues. I cannot wait to get home this evening so I can hug the stuffing out of that kid... and watch his face light up when I tell him his grades.

Awesome.

14 comments:

CindyDianne said...

YAY FOR YOU J-MAN! YAY!

Hip Hip Hooray!

GrizzBabe said...

Great! I'm glad things are going well for J-Man this school year.

Jodi said...

Congratulations! I love hardworking boys!

J.

Burfica said...

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy that's the exact same grades my kid got this semester. lol

SkippyMom said...

HUGE, BIG, HUGE round of applause for J-Man...that rocks Marni-and he is sooooo cute, too!

Congrats - I bet he can't wait to bring it home to show you!

Smiles all around!

Lisa said...

Yay J-man!! Way to make your Mama proud!!! WTG!!!

Unknown said...

My Dad use to tell me that the only place that "success comes before work is in the dictionary." It took me, like J-Man, a few bad experiences of struggling in grade school to learn that lesson, but when I finally got it I "Got it." J-Man has now tasted sweet sucess and I'm betting he'll build on it.
Congratulations, young man.

Cup said...

Congrats, Second Cousin!

comebacknikki said...

Yay!!!

ccw said...

Congratulations to J-Man (and his loving, supportive family)!

Every step forward, no matter how small, is wonderful.

chelene said...

Congratulations! And he's adorable!

Valerie said...

That's awesome. Congrats to J-Man.

whatevergirl said...

Awesome J-man!!! Keep up the good work! What a smile!

Canadian flake said...

woooooohooooo wtg and congrats to him!! Keep up the good work!!