My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

First message for today

Dear Ms. Patterson,

Thank you for your message this morning. I would like to clarify a thing or two, if you don't mind.
  1. I am not Nancy Grace. The last time I recorded, and checked, my voicemail message it clearly stated my full name, company, AND department. At no point in time do I say my name is Nancy Grace.
  2. I appreciate your concern over that missing child. BUT if you saw her on an escalator at the mall like you say did, don't you think you should call your local authorities to report it? They have the resources to do a thorough search and get in touch with whatever other agencies are looking for her.
  3. Finally, Nancy is out on maternity leave. She just had twins you know... and had to go to the hospital herself because of complications. I don't think she has the time or energy to return your call. Call the police for help...

Thank you very much! Have a happy holiday.

M

And I am NOT making light of a missing child. If this woman saw a missing child in a mall she needs to call the COPS not a television host. I sat at my desk with my mouth open wondering just want the hell this woman was thinking.

12 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

I'm not even totally up to speed on this story, so I really shouldn't comment...but I wonder if some people are so focused on TV that they consider the talking heads to be the authorities...kind of like, you're nobody until you're on TV.

The whole situation looks bad and downright scary.

Marni said...

I don't know anything about it either. I've looked online to see if there are any articles about a missing child, but can't find anything. I was just shocked that she didn't call the police...

Rider said...

Is this something going on in the news today? Please link to it somewhere in your post.

Marni said...

I can't find anything about it... nothing at all. I have NO clue what this lady was talking about. That's why I think she was crazy.

ccw said...

Hmm...that's just odd.

Burfica said...

she just wanted to be on t.v. and be famous I bet.

KK said...

I'd like to report a missing rack of ribs. I know that I smoked them all day Saturday and took them off Sunday morning.

I wrapped them up with foil and left them in the fridge for me to eat last night.

But when I got home from work, they were not there.

Can you help me?

Coffeypot said...

So how did you hear this lady say anything? Were you watching TV or some web news? Littl lost here!

But I do agree with you advice.

Marni said...

It was a message on my work voicemail this morning.

GrizzBabe said...

Wacko!

Canadian flake said...

I am totally confused...you lost me...should I understand this???

Valerie said...

Weird, wild, stuff.

Did you forward the voicemail to Nancy Grace? ;)