My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Shimmy shimmy shake

Whelp... I did it.

I performed a belly dance in front of a crowd of people and I didn't die. I stood in the back and did my best.

I didn't want anyone to see the performance so I didn't give out details - but they found out and came. Eeeek!

I'm just glad it's over.

My favorite part of the night? When it was done I went "backstage" to change into my normal clothes then joined everyone in the audience. I looked over at Bug and she gave me a big grin and the thumbs up sign. That made it ALL worth it.

Update: One picture is all you get... and this is the only one I like... I'm in the back... blue shirt, gold skirt. We were all dressed like butterflies hence the wings and little headbands.

Excuse the extremely WHITE belly...


And another thing... I've been informed that there is a video of it on YouTube somewhere... trying to get the exact link to it. I may let you know where it is... :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yahoooo!!! You go girl!!!!!You set a very good role model for your daughter to be more courageous. WAY TO GO!!!! T

Lisa said...

I knew you could do it! Now where's the pics? ;)

CindyDianne said...

You go you brave woman you!

katy said...

you rock.
well done you
go one show us the photo, please, pretty please

Coffeypot said...

She was great, folks. I'm very proud of her.

GrizzBabe said...

COOL! What you did was very courageous. And you look sooo pretty. Congratulations!

Teri said...

I'm glad you took the plunge and did it. It should only get easier from here.

coffeypot took that video, didn't he?

comebacknikki said...

Yay! :)

raine said...

How totally awesome! And what a great role model for your daughter. You should be proud of yourself!

katy said...

oh thank you for the photo you look great, an would really love to see the video

Canadian flake said...

Congrats ...wtg and glad for you that it is over. Good job!!!