My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Gangsters and spiders

We had the cutest kids come to our door. My favorite was a boy dressed as a fly fisherman and his candy bucket was a real styrofoam minnow bucket. It was the cutest thing!

We have some lights that line our flower bed that look like witches, mummies, ghosts and vampires. There is also a witch on our lawn that, when you put her down right, looks like she fell on the lawn in pieces. All you can see are her feet sticking up, her head with a hat on, and her hands that are holding a broom. It is really cute!

A little boy, maybe 5, walked up our driveway holding his mom's hand. He took a HUUUUUUUGE gasp and said "Oh, MOMMY! Look at ALL the lights!" It was the sweetest!

I adore Halloween. I love seeing the kids in costume. They are so excited and they love showing off their costumes. Of course we had the bigger kids but this year everyone was in some sort of costume. It was nice! Usually they just come up in street clothes.

So do you wanna see J-man and Bug?

J-man was a gangster that we "killed off".


Bug was a Spider Countess. We put those little spider rings all in her hair.

I think this was my favorite Halloween EVER.

14 comments:

CindyDianne said...

OMG! They look great! I love that you killed J-man off! Coolness!

We had HOARDS and HOARDS of kids. So much so that the 7 big bags of candy I bought were gone by 8 o'clock. Which worked out for me, I got to watch Private Practice!

Heidi the Hick said...

Great costumes!! J-man looks KILLER! hahaha!

Lisa said...

Too cute! I didn't get to see all the cuties this year since we went to one of WJ's friends to collect our loot. But I'll have more on that tomorrow. ;)

whatevergirl said...

Adorable!! How creative! The batteries in my camera were out, and I got home from work late. So, we went trick or treating BUT I got no pics-boo hoo...The kids had a great time..I had a puppy dog and a baseball player..wasn't the weather awesome????

Cup said...

How cute!

a/k/a Nadine said...

Wow, J-man sure looks intense.

Marni said...

Nadine: He was taking it seriously!

Biddie said...

Those photos are great! You did a wonderful job with the costumes.
I think, that we had MAYBE 20, 25 kids at our house all night.
I'm still bummed out about it.

raine said...

they look awesome! They look the same ages as my two...pop over and see them.

Jodi said...

Cute costumes! They look a little scary.....

J.

Joe said...

Those costumes are great. I love it when kids that age get soooo serious when they're in costume, they really get into it.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE their costumes, adorable! Did you dress the pug kids up too?

Marni said...

Lori: No, the boys stayed in the back yard warning everyone to stay off their property. :)

Canadian flake said...

gosh they don't look very happy...guess it would ruin the effect to smile when you have a bullet in your head eh?? LOL.

thanks for sharing the pics...the both looked cute.