My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Monday, April 02, 2007

Something weird

I've posted before about my friend, Mychael, that I think has been haunting us since J-man was a baby.

We haven't heard from him or had anything weird happen since we moved in the house. Until tonight...

Carl and I were cooking dinner. It was a new recipe so I gathered all the ingredients in one place to make sure I had it all. The recipe called for two cloves of garlic which I pulled off and placed with the rest of the ingredients.

I pulled the chicken off the bone. I cut up the onion. I went to grab the garlic... not there. I looked everywhere. I cleaned off the counter. I looked behind bins. I even smelled the dogs' breath to make sure it hadn't fallen off the counter and they ate it.

I was really worried about the dogs, too! I don't know how two cloves of garlic would affect them so I was watching them closely.

I asked Carl to look for it and even he couldn't find it.

I pulled two more cloves off, cut those up, and finished cooking dinner.

About an hour later, Carl and I had finished eating and I walked to the kitchen to put up my plate. There, right where I had placed them before and COULD NOT find them, lay the original garlic cloves.

It freaked me out. Carl keeps saying "I'm just going to tell myself we overlooked them", but we didn't. Those cloves were NOT there. I know it as sure as my name is Marni.

I guess Mychael isn't gone after all.

5 comments:

Cup said...

I'm humming the theme to "The Twilight Zone."

Lisa said...

Maybe he just wanted to help you with the cooking. Strange, but cool!

ccw said...

Very odd!

katy said...

wow love it when strange things happen and garlic is ok for dogs keeps the fleas off!, check my page for something else strange!

KLee said...

We have a "friend" of our own here. Our friend does not like it when we leave the bread on the kitchen counter. Any time we do, we leave the room to find the bread in the middle of the kitchen floor. No one has been in the kitchen, and the cat has never climbed on the counters, so that can't be it. Years ago, I got so tired of picking up the bread that we just keep the whole loaf in the refrigerator.

If nothing else, it must make you feel good to know that Mychael is checking in on you. Trust me -- he knows that you would have said goodbye if only you'd known.