My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Friday, February 16, 2007

I'd go nuts

I'm working from home today and had the Today show on this morning. I was using it for background noise - I swear!

There was a story about a girl that has had the hiccups for three weeks...

THREE WEEKS, folks!

It kills me to have them for 30 minutes. Can you imagine three weeks? She said the doctors have given her valium and benadryl so she can sleep at night. Bless her heart! I would need that mixture just to get through the day.

People sent her remedies throughout the course of the show and she has tried everything they sent but a chiropractor or accupuncture.

The guest singer today was Keith Urban... they even had him hug her to see if that would help. Nope. All she did was hiccup into his mike. He was very sweet to her though and she looked SO excited to get to meet him... her hiccups even increased in frequency a little bit!

She said she was in pain and sometimes all she could do is cry. I feel for her.

5 comments:

Biddie said...

3 weeks with the hiccups? Poor little thing. How old was she? She might hold a world record or something.

GrizzBabe said...

That poor child. Well, if you can't get rid of the hiccups, you might as well go for the world record.

katy said...

wouldn't you just hate that, poor girl. remember when my sister had them once and me mam slapped her on her back to try and make her jump, oops she slapped her too hard she fell over and cut her knee, well at least it got rid of the hiccups!

Cup said...

Gawd, how frustrating that would be!

Jen said...

I would lose my mind...