My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Saturday, June 03, 2006

I wish I had more money

I have discovered shopping! I have always known what it was, but I didn't get to really enjoy it. Being a big girl (or morbidly obese as I was considered) I only had two options for clothing - Lane Bryant or the LB Catalog. Not alot of nice things to choose from!

But NOW!!! OMG - I can go into any store at the mall and try on clothes! It is wonderful! I still have the fat girl thoughts, but to pick up a size 12, put it on and look good -- what a feeling. I would love to be able to shop every day and buy shoes to match (which is a new experience in itself), but I can't. I have to budget and shop the cheap stores. That's OK though! At least I get new stuff every couple of months. Carl says he looks at me and sees money "flying out the window". Dare I ask what is wrong with that? :)

Some day I'll be able to shop to my heart's content. Right now, though, when I do get to go shopping it is a treat and I beam from seeing myself if trendy, beautiful clothes. Now if I could just get over the fear of showing skin! I think people see my arms and say "Ewwww!". Carl says that is not the case, but it takes a long time to get those negative thoughts out of your head. Oh well... one step at a time.

2 comments:

Cup said...

I got the cutest dress at Target last night for $21.99 - and got lots of compliments of it today. Popped into Ross the other night and bought a four-piece linen set (jacket, pants, skirt, tank), a white blouse AND a pair of shoes - for $130! It can be done, my cute cuz.

Marni said...

I LOVE Ross... went yesterday and bought two pair of shorts, a tank top and a shirt for Jarrett for $50... That is pretty much the only place I shop...

Old Navy, too. We got Jordan 2 outfits, Carl 2 shirts, and then 2 tank tops for me... all for around $90... great place to shop too.