My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Thursday, June 01, 2006

I should enjoy Summer...

...but I don't. It is SO hot and muggy outside my hair frizzes just thinking about it. It hurts to walk from the office to the car. The kids smell like wet dog when they come in from playing. You can't put the top down on the car without broiling like a steak. It is miserable!

But the REAL reason I don't like summer is TV. I am a self-proclaimed reality show and Lost junkie. I cannot stand waiting until Fall to see my shows - nor can I stand the constant onslaught of reruns. YUCK! I think the networks are beginning to realize they can have a bigger audience with new shows during the Summer -- maybe that is why a new show called Treasure Hunters is starting soon. Trust me - I am ALL OVER that show!

I know - I know... I should spend the glorious Summer months going camping, swimming, walking, etc. But who can do that when you feel like you are drowning the minute you open the front door!?! No thanks - God made air conditioning for a reason and I plan on using His wonderful creation! I'll stay inside during the hottest part of the day and read my books and wait - impatiently - for September.

1 comment:

Cup said...

I know what you mean. I'm already tired of summer - and it isn't even here yet! We need to take summers in Michigan.