My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Monday, June 05, 2006

I'm in the wrong business

I just took Bug to the orthodontist... am I ever in the wrong business! I was told she is going to need almost $4,000 worth of work on her mouth and this is only PHASE ONE!! Why didn't I go to med school and become a doctor? If I had done that I could freakin' afford to put my kids in braces and I wouldn't be sitting here about to throw up trying to figure out how to come up with $365 dollars for the initial "down payment".

What are they going to do if I default on my payments after that? Snatch the metal out of the kids' mouths? Yank their teeth out of their heads! I will be paying, basically, an extra car payment every month just so the kids will have nice teeth like society says they should have.

Granted - they come by it honestly. Carl's mouth and mine are pretty much jacked-up (even though I put my mom through this same agony when I was in college). I, however, gave my mom the additional benefit of having surgery! Trust me, I don't want my kids to go through that - and, call me selfish - but I don't want to have to pay for it! Heck no!

Oh well... Carl will have to continue with his second, part-time job and I will continue to fret over the bills. We'll make it - somehow! We always do!

1 comment:

Cup said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.