Just because I have a lot going around in my head, I decided to do some random bullets. Ready?
- I am loving Walking Dead so far... (you knew that would be first right?) The tension in the show is escalating and the acting is so dang good.
- I have another fave show... Sons of Anarchy. I caught the first three seasons on Netflix then started watching season five when it started last month. I knew I was behind, but it is a pretty simple show to catch up on. BUT NOW, Netflix released season 4!! I've already watched the first four eps... and Saturday will be a SAMCRO catch up day.
- I get to travel to Chicago next week for work. I have to "audit" a course that my team put together and that means some travel in the coming months. My whole team is traveling somewhere - LA, Miami, Seattle, Houston, Dallas, San Fran, and Chicago. We only have four folks on our team so some of our clients will be auditing as well... Next year there is a chance to travel to other locations so stay tuned for those.
- When I get to Chicago, I get to have a blogger meet-up! I will be meeting Starr of Chicago Foodie Girl (on my list)... she also used to be called Come Back Nikki. I can't wait to meet her in person!
- If you have been to Chicago, I am open for recommendations on where to eat and visit.
- I'm nervous about going by myself, but am also looking forward to some "me" time.
- The kids are doing great! They are both in marching band so we have been running between practices, football games, and competitions.
- J-man is driving so I don't have to wait on them to get back from said activities, but I DO wait up for them to get home. Makes for some laaaaate nights.
- The long nights don't bother them, but I'm getting too old for that crap. :)
- It is COLD here in the ATL.
- I need a heavier coat/jacket. The ones I have aren't cutting it.
- Carl got an atta-boy from a man in Australia! It seems the guy's daughter was in our town visiting family. He couldn't reach her for about 24 hours so he called the PD to see if they would do a well-fare check on her. She was fine and Carl let the dad know. Since then, he has sent a letter to the Chief and is sending Carl a care package from Australia! How cool is that?!
- Carl deals with the lowest of the low, so when something good like this happens I am thrilled for him. It boosts his morale, too.
- I can't believe Christmas is just around the corner! Where did this year go?