My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Monday, October 03, 2011

Ugh

I stopped at the gas station this morning to top off my tank and get some coffee.

Let me back up and explain what I decided to wear today - this will make sense shortly. It is getting cooler in GA, so I put on a cute sweater-type dress that is gray with a black overlay (looks like a long sweater in front). It comes to right above my knee. Along with that I have on black tights and knee-high boots.

Pretty cute and not at all slutty. AT ALL.

So, back to the gas station.

I pull next to a pump and get out of the car. There is a fella at the same pump on the other side. I hear him mumble something but I think he is talking to someone in the car or, possibly, on the phone so I ignore him.

I start pumping gas and lean into the car to get my wallet so I can run in and get my coffee. I hear dude say something about "... in that dress." Again. I think he is talking to someone else, so I mosey my way into the store.

As I am heading back to my car, I notice he is still lolly-gagging around and using the windshield solution to wash his windows. OK... no problem.

I grab the gas nozzle and begin to replace it. THEN I hear him say - loud - "I wonder if she opens her legs, too". At that point I could tell all of these mumblings were aimed at me. I have never gotten in my car so fast.

It really sketched me out. I'm not used to gross men saying nasty things. I can handle compliments, but this guy was gross. I got that vibe from him at the get-go. He also had on some sort of reflective vest, so he works in the public. Can you imagine what he says about women that CAN'T hear him.

Ugh. Gross.

3 comments:

SkippyMom said...

You got hit on by a creeper. Ewww! giggling Poor thing. I wish you had heard him loud and clear so you could've at least shot him a dirty look.

I bet you looked cute tho'. The outfit sounds adorable.

How's the job?

SkippyMom said...

I told Pooldad this story and thinks that you should have mentioned your cop husband to the creep.

It may have been a creep and a creepy remark, but hey!

Marni said...

I have so many thoughts NOW about what I could have/should have said. At the time, though, I just wanted to bail. This is one of those times that I wish I didn't run from confrontation! LOL