My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Thursday, November 04, 2010

30 Days of Truth: Day 12

Something you never get compliments on

This one is definitley my housekeeping skills. (Holla, mom?!)

My house is always in a constant state of disarray. I just HATE deep cleaning. I will pick up and keep things straight, but clean to, like, my mom's version of clean? Ummm, no.

We don't live in squallor... please don't think that; DFACS won't come in the house and snatch the kids away. We just don't get around to dusting as often as we should, and vaccuuming happens about twice a month. I throw trash away and take it out when it gets full. I put the dishes in the dishwasher and run it when it gets full. I wipe down the counters every night after we cook dinner. We aren't nasty.... just dusty.

Now that the kids can help out, we clean way more often. But I would rather spend my time goofing off, reading, watching tv, or breaking an arm than shoving a vaccuum cleaner around the floor.

BUT, when I get a wild hair and decide enough is enough, I work everyone in the house to the bone. We scrub baseboards, cabinet doors, closets... everything. This type of DEEP cleaning happens 1-2 times a year. We try our best to keep it that way for about 2 weeks, then it slowly gets back to the "lived-in" look.

Oh well. It is my cross to bear. I just need to win the lottery so I can pay for someone to clean for me. Or maybe I can find someone to do it for free? HA! They would laugh in my face.

1 comment:

SkippyMom said...

I hear ya Marni! lol - and we are down to one kid - and well the house has really taken a hit. heehee

I actually miss being able to vacuum [dust and do the kitchen? not so much] but there is something satisfying about sucking up 97 1/2 lbs of Chessie hair in an afternoon, y'know?

Ah well - our kids won't remember the dust balls - but they will remember the good times.