We had some fettuccini alfredo in the freezer that I decided would be perfect for dinner. Heat it up, grill some chicken, mix it all together, and tah-dah! Quick and easy meal with little clean up.
I followed the directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees - check
2. Unwrap the pasta packaging - check
3. Place container on cookie sheet - check
4. Cover the container in foil - check
5. Place on center rack in the oven - check
6. Bake for 40 minutes - check
When I took the container out of the oven, my mouth was watering. I didn't really smell anything, but thought that was because of the foil being on top of the food.
So imagine my surprise when I took the foil off only to find the food STILL FROZEN.
It was in a hot oven for 40 minutes and didn't cook one bit. The bottom was a teensy bit juicy, but nothing else was thawed. I called J-man over to make sure I wasn't seeing things. We both put our fingers on top of the meal and it was freezing. I could even hold the foil in my hands and not get burned. This was immediately after taking it out of the oven.
How could that happen?!
A Forced March in the Woods. Part 2
7 months ago