My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Monday, May 11, 2009

And the hits keep coming

Carl got a phone call this morning that has sent him into a tailspin.

His mom has throat cancer. They've given her 6 months to a year. (And she's known for a month but hasn't told a soul.)

We knew this was going to happen eventually; parents get sick and/or pass away. We thought we were prepared.

But we aren't.

He wants to be home so bad, but there is nothing he can do. So we wait. We wait for the phone call that tells him to come see his mom one last time. We wait to pack up and drive 13 hours to say our goodbyes.

I wish I could do something - anything - to stop this from happening, but I can't.

12 comments:

Some Guy said...

All my sympathy to you, Carl, and the rest of the family.

Libby's Library said...

I'm so very sorry...wish there were adequate words.

CindyDianne said...

Oh, that is just terrible. I am so sorry for you both.

comebacknikki said...

I'm so sorry. :(

SkippyMom said...

I am so, so, sorry Marni. Please give Carl a hug for me and you know how to get a hold of me if you need ANYTHING.

Hugs, sweetie.

Biddie said...

Oh, Marni, I am so terribly sorry.
I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
Hugs xx

Bill N said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this Marni. My prayers are with you.

a/k/a Nadine said...

Oh, what sad news. Hugs.

Southern (in)Sanity said...

I'm sorry to hear that news. It's even worse in a situation like that where all you can do is wait.

ccw said...

I am so very sorry.

(((marni)))

KLee said...

I'm so, so sorry. Please tall Carl that he (and all of you) are in my thoughts and prayers.

GrizzBabe said...

OMG, I am so sorry! My prayers are with you and Carl.