My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Thank heavens for laptops

We have a regular computer and a laptop. We bought the latter is preparation for J-man's surgery. We figured he could play games, watch movies, surf the web, etc. while he was recovering.

After Carl discovered Disney's Pirates game, suddenly Carl uses the big computer and I'm stuck using the MUCH slower laptop (because we have to use our aircard). No biggie. As long as I can get to my blog, Facebook, Toon Town or Guild Wars I am a happy girl.

The kids get to use one or the other computers during the weekend. So there is a lot of "Mom, can I get on the computer" questions from Friday afternoon until Sunday night.

Well... guess what.

Our home computer started acting funny a few days ago. It would start, let us log on, and the stop running. No fan, no picture, nada.

Today it got worse.

We got the blue screen of death.

OMG. I don't have the money to get it repaired.

Nor do I have the patience to wait on Carl to let me have the laptop back.

I can sense some major family issues on the horizon! HA!

2 comments:

SkippyMom said...

I hate the "blue screen of death" [and there isn't a more apropos name for that damn screen]

I think you need to wrestle Carl for the computer. I know I would like to read about that...giggle....

Anonymous said...

Hate the blue screen of death! Sounds like you've lost your hard drive although those generally start "ticking" before they go. It's not the power supply, or you wouldn't even get a blue screen...

Hmmmm....