My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

It's done

J-man's surgery is over and it went well. Bug and I are back at the hotel, and as we were leaving J-man was waking up a little more and asking to eat. Carl is staying with him tonight and I'll stay tomorrow.

He is such a trooper. The "pain nurse" said his pain meds are on the lowest dosage and it isn't affecting his blood pressure at all. If they weren't working his bp would go up but that isn't happening so they are saying that's a good sign.

He has an epidural so he has no feeling from the waist down. In between his legs is a HUGE foam cushion that is keeping his legs immobile. They have to move him from one butt cheek to another every couple of hours. When they did it the fist time, they had to uncover him from behind. I have to tell you I nearly cried. To see your child in such a vulnerable position and being rolled to his side all the time not being able to move his legs was almost unbearable. He legs looked almost unreal... like they were plastic or something. And that huge cushion between them... I wanted to yell at them to let him go, but I couldn't. They were doing what is best for him. It still takes my breath away just thinking about it.

I feel horrible not being at the hospital, but there wasn't anywhere for Bug and I to sleep. Oh well. I'll be there first thing in the morning. Maybe he'll be his same ol' silly self by the time I get there.

God I hope so!!!!!

4 comments:

Burfica said...

I'm so glad it went okay, and he's probably a very strong young man.

It's hard to see our babies in pain, and I pray for you all.

Martha said...

I hope he heals well and heals fast! I'm always amazed at how kids recover so quickly compared to adults. And they have a lot fewer complaints, too. I'm praying for all of you!

Teri said...

I'm so glad it went well. Hopefully he'll heal fast, kids always do, and get back to being a boy!

Lisa said...

Speedy recovery and go home soon vibes headed your way!!