My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Oweee

Sorry I haven't posted much the last week. For starters I've been in an off-site meeting at work and couldn't get to my blog with my boss sitting right next to me. She is the coolest boss on the earth, but I don't want her to know just how much time I do spend reading and posting... from work.

Bummer.

Plus I've had to contend with this...

I have been blessed cursed with carpal tunnel for a few years now. It flairs up on occasion -- especially when I do a lot of "cutting and pasting" at work. It started bothering me earlier this week so now I have to wear this lovely brace for a little bit; probably until Saturday. The doctor didn't give me these instructions... I decided on it myself. I've had it for so long now I kind of know what to do to make it better.

BUT, it makes typing rather difficult. And writing. And pulling my pants up... TMI, I know.

11 comments:

Martha said...

I developed carpal tunnel when I was pregnant, and it never really went away! I wear a brace on a semi-regular basis because of all the typing I do, and it does help. Bummer for you.

Anonymous said...

That's hard. My husband has it. He gets the shots in his wrist.

Sorry to hear about the ladies room issue. It makes sense though!

Hope you're on the road to recovery!

Burfica said...

oh man that brace sucks. I don't have one like that. But I broke/dislocated my thumb, and they gave me one that goes along my wrist and forearm down the side of my thumb, and it goes over my thumb and wraps around my hand and forearm to attach.

Every once in a while I have to put that back on, and it's hard to do things too.

Anonymous said...

Martha-- isn't it crazy how things develop when your'e pregnant, and never go away?
Hope it gets better, Marni. T

Valerie said...

hope your cps goes away soon. not fun. i've been there too.

Valerie said...

cps? huh?

I meant cts

need more coffee...

katy said...

hope it gets better real soon

Coaster Punchman said...

Ouch! Hope you feel better. I sat next to my boss at a meeting for the last two days but I kept on checking my Yahoo! mail. Call it the pleasure of the privacy filter, available usually only online. I love it!

ccw said...

Ouch! Sorry. Hope you feel better soon!

Kayla said...

ow. . .

Canadian flake said...

I have carpal tunnel too...and it totally sucks...

I had surgery, which helped for a bit...but it got a lot worse after my diabetes got bad...

Now I just live with it...I feel your pain!!

Feel better.