My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Receiving and giving - it's Christmas!

My sweet friend Biddie has bestowed an award on me -- the great Best Blogging Buddies award. I must say I am flattered. She is such a sweet, wonderful friend and for her to recognize me as one just makes me happy.

Even though I'm sweating from a fever and blowing my raw nose every two seconds.

I have to admit I try to be friendly to everyone I meet. You never know when you might need them or who they know. I want to make my kids see that being friendly definitely gets you further than being a screaming, screeching beeatch - but lord knows I can be one of those, too.

So thank you, Biddie. You are such a sweet friend.

Now to bestow the honor on others. I'm supposed to give it to seven other folks that are good blogging buddies as well. I've made some new friends lately, so if my "older" friends don't mind, I think I'll give some to the newbies.

40 and a Bit Cheeky: She may be a new blogger buddy, but she and I have been friends fo-evah. I am so happy to have her back in my life.

Canadian Flake: She is soooo funny and a Survivor fan, too! What more can you ask for in a friend? Except that maybe she lived a little more south?

Hoosiergirl over at Coffee Table: She has a crush on my dad... she is funny as hell... and has some great kids. If you haven't met her yet, you need to go.

Lori at Pugs Place: She's not a newbie (sorry about that) but I'm getting to know her more and more. She loves Pugs (waving to Pugsley) and I love reading her poetry and daily thoughts. She is a classy, wonderful, spunky chick that I hope to get to meet in person someday. (And I think she has a crush on my dad, too)

SkippyMom: Another one that has been around for a while... but she disappeared for a few months only to recently reappear. And boy am I happy about that! She is so awesome. I laugh out loud whenever I go to her site. She is hilarious! And has (or had) a tadpole named after me!

Valerie: What can I tell you about Valerie? She is beautiful for one and is a great mom for another. She cracks me up with stories about her kids and looking at her photographs from the past. She is another one I would love to meet someday. Anyone for a roadtrip to Chicago? (In the spring of course)

Coffeypot: Yeah, I'm cheating. So what... It's my blog and I can choose my dad if I want to. Haven't visited him yet? You should. He's a trip... and a dirty old man. No wonder so many of my readers like him.

That does it. I would love to give this to anyone of my peeps that have hung around the last year or so. You guys keep me doing this. Something will happen and I'll think, "hmmmm.... I need to write about that!!! I hope they'll understand what I'm trying to say!!!"

You also all give the best advice. Whenever I am down, confused, or need anything I can post it here and know I will get honest answers. For that I am grateful and thankful for you all!

I'm going to go take some more medicine and crawl back in the bed.

'Night.

7 comments:

Burfica said...

congratulations!!! You deserve it.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Coffeypot said...

Thank you for the honor - even thought there are others on you blog roll that deserve it more. As for hoosiergirl having a crush on me, well, I think it is more like she carries a nut cracker in her purse in case she ever meets me. I think she believes, correctly I must say, that I am a chauvinist pig. But thank you again.

Lisa said...

Very cute! Congrats!!

SkippyMom said...

Burfica is right! You so deserved this award and very sweet of Biddie to give it too you.

You never forgot me and were happy when I came back...I am grateful for friends like you and your Dad [Marni is right...he is a fun read! Go NOW!]...

...and honestly a little weepy now that you nom'd me too...out of all your friends....thanks. Really. Thank you.

Oh, and here's a tissue...your nose girl, your nose! [Hope you feel better soon...skippyhugs!]

Canadian flake said...

Awww thanks for the nods hon...I think you rock!! I regularly read a few of the blogs on this list and I think they are awesome too.

Feel better soon and thanks again for the kind words...after all we survivor nuts have to stick together...

p.s. I am cheering for Pee-gee (sorry spell check)...I don't like her but I always cheer for the underdog..either her or Denise to win the mill..lol.

Marni said...

Aw Flake! I can't stand Pee-Gee! I think Amanda should win... she's put up with Todd's crap for soooo long but I think she is the TRUE player of the game. Should be interesting. (I do like Denise though. She has made it ALOT further than I thought she would)

Valerie said...

Marni - You are too sweet. Thank you for the kinds words. I would love to meet you, if you ever came up to Chicago. It's the greatest city in the world!