My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Friday, November 30, 2007

Thoughts in my head

I cannot believe tomorrow is the first day of December! Where did the year go?

Remember when you were a kid and it seemed like FO-EVAH for your birthday or Christmas to come around? Now it seems to come too fast. The year is over in the blink of an eye. I look back over the year and wonder where it all went!

I seem to be wishing my life away. I wake up on Monday (or Tuesday or Wednesday) and wish it were Friday. Then when the weekend DOES get here it just speeds by. I have got to slow down. I need to enjoy my days and revel in the time I have. I need to live in the moment and not for the future -- or for payday as the case may be.

Next year is going to be different.

See?

Why am I thinking "next year"? It needs to start now...

It is going to start now...

8 comments:

CindyDianne said...

I tend to do the same thing, and then feel guilty about it too! Don't. We don't need more to feel guilty about and we certainly don't need time to go faster. I just looked in the blasted mirror! ;-)

Lisa said...

Wasn't it just August the other day?

Unknown said...

My dear wife, Judi, has a favorite saying, "The day after the 4th of July is Christmas!" The older we become the truer that statement seems to be. Question: "Didn't I just take down the Christmas tree last week?"

Burfica said...

you ever have those dreams where your running and fighting for your life, and you do it all night long, and scramble trying to help those you love, but never stop running?? And you wake up exhausted??

That is the year I have had this year. I just want the running/scrambling to stop.

It's been a hell of a year. I would put it right up there with the one my mother died.

Biddie said...

I am glad that 2007 is nearly over. It really sucked wind for me.
Still, I know what you mean. Jessie will be 13 in about 2 weeks, and I wonder where all of the time has gone.
I'm with Lisa. Wasn't it just August the other day???

Coffeypot said...

I'm still worrying what I will get everyone for Christmas in 2015.

raine said...

If you figure out how, could you let me know? Please?

Canadian flake said...

Having 2 teenagers now had made me wonder where all the time has gone...

Someday I will miss these days...now I just wanna survive their attitude and try not to kill them..lmaooooo.