My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Monday, October 08, 2007

What a weekend!

Oy, what a weekend. I'm happy to be back at work just so I can rest a little! This is a rambling post about what we did.... I'm giving you fair warning that it may put you to sleep. Read on if you dare.

Both kids has soccer games this weekend; Bug's was at 9:45 a.m. and J-man's was at 2 p.m. That means spending a LOT of time at the soccer fields. I don't mind that, though. It's fun to be outside watching the kids expend their energy on a game they love.

BUT - J-man woke up Saturday morning with a fever. He had been complaining of a sore throat on Friday night, and I knew it was only sinus drainage. BUT Saturday was our day to bring snacks to the game, so we felt obligated to be there. I gave him some Advil and told him we would play it be ear on whether or not he would play. He told me, "yeah... whenever I get my sinus drippings I always feel bad for a day or two." (Drippings... had to laugh)

By the time his game rolled around he was feeling OK. I told his coach what was going on, so luckily he only played J-man one quarter and kept him on defense so he wouldn't have to move around alot. J-man still did a bang up job!

My mom and step-dad came to the games, so after Bug's we went to lunch, then to Wally World and then on to a sports store. By the time that running around was over we went back to the fields for J-man's game. It was so much fun having them with us! The kids got a kick out of it, too.

After the games, the parental units left to travel back to their side of town and we all went home to crash. But that didn't last long because we realized we needed to eat the rest of the week; that meant heading to the grocery store. The most. fun. ever. (said very sarcastically!)

Sunday morning came bright and early. It is home improvement day. We go to Home Depot to have a little can of paint shaken; I needed to paint a spot on the door that got messed up when Carl installed our deadbolt. It was a spot about the length of a finger and about an inch wide. It has taken nearly two years to get the spot painted. Even after dropping hints and telling Carl out right it needed to be done -- I am the one to do it. WITH Carl watching. GAH!!! The joys of married life.

While I'm admiring my handy work, Carl moved my car out of the garage to adjust the garage door opener and saw oil seeping onto the ground. He had taken my car Saturday morning for an oil change and something was wrong. He took it to a friend of his that is a mechanic. Seems the idjits that changed my oil didn't put the oil plug back in correctly. Mr. Mechanic said if I had been driving on the interstate and it fell out my engine would have seized up within seconds. Carl was pissed! He's going to call the idjits this morning and ask for either our money back or for them to pay to have our garage pressure washed. Let's see if THAT happens.

We also decided to hang the kid's ceiling fans (since we've had them in a box for almost two years). Come to find out we need some special brackets to hang them. Our builder didn't supply us with the correct gear to hang fans. Carl and J-man head off to Home Depot AGAIN. He purchased the brackets and realized it is going to be quite a chore to get it done. We decide to put it off a little longer - the next weekend he is off - so he can dedicate the entire day to getting it done. (By now it was about 3 pm.)

Instead, we decorated our front yard for Halloween. We put lights along the front flower bed and a little witch on our lawn. We put out two fake pumpkins and a coffin that makes a horrendous noise when you walk in front of it. Decorating is the kids' favorite thing to do, so we had a ball. I'll try to take pictures soon.

J-man had a project to work on, so we did a little bit of research for it. He still wasn't feeling 100% so he napped on and off all day. He's better today - we think his fever broke last night. I'll give him another day or two and if he doesn't start to improve, it is off to the doctor!

That's about it! I know more happened but my mind is muddled and I am rushing to get this posted so I can get some work done. Told you it rambled. Thank you for reading if you've made it this far... you are truly dedicated!

Hope your weekends went well, and that my Canadian friends had fantastic Thanksgivings.

Later, gators!

5 comments:

katy said...

i know how J-man feels, i am full of cold and sore throat:-(
wow only two years waiting for the ceiling fan lol
ok so yes you been very busy, me i done nothing, oh i did i did i painted the steps to the front door!

Marni said...

YAY! More painting! When I'm in the mood, I love to paint. It is picking out the color that I hate.

CindyDianne said...

Good Lord!

(I hope J-man is feeling mucho better now)

raine said...

Jam packed weekend! We are decorating for Halloween later today, too.

Canadian flake said...

Glad you had such a good weekend...it made me tired just thinking about it all so it is prolly a good thing you are back to work..lmao.

I have said to my gnome before.."I need a weekend to recover from my weekend"...lol.