My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Flowers

I got a new toy a couple of weeks ago. It is a new camera - a Canon Rebel XLT like this one:

Isn't it gorgeous! I have been inspired by the pictures Ree, Rain, and Cindy take. I have always wanted to take pretty, artsy pictures but just never thought I had the eye for it. Now that I have this camera I can't wait to try. I'm still trying to figure out how to use all the gadgets and settings.

While waiting to meet Mike Rowe, I decided to try and take some close ups of flowers. We were waiting outside the garden department, ya know. My old point and shoot always made fuzzy pictures if you got too close. I'm pretty happy with these. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Which one do you like the most? Is there hope for me?





I realize they are all straight-on shots... I need to work on different angles and trying to not center the picture. But not too shabby for a novice - IMO.

11 comments:

CindyDianne said...

I like the bottom one. Zippy new camera you got there!

Heck, I am learning too! I have a camera that I don't have a clue how to use the settings on!

Lisa said...

I like the first one. The frame is filled, and it looks more artsy than the solos in the other two. Have fun playing with your new toy!

Coffeypot said...

I like the middle one. It's purty!

Good job for a first timer.

Canadian flake said...

wow I really liked these...thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!!!!!

Esther said...

They're all really pretty, but I think I like the 3rd one best.

raine said...

Did you use my name in the same sentence as Ree and cindy? I think I love you! I like the second one best, the light is lovely and I like the contrast. Keep going! I am only in my 4th month of learning about photography...

katy said...

i love them all, and well done and such a lovely camera have fun with it

chelene said...

They're all beautiful but I especially love the last one. Gorgeous!

ccw said...

Lucky you! Those pictures are great!

Joe said...

Those pictures are wonderful. It's nice that you live in the south, your flowers are all still in bloom, full of color.

I took some pictures in our yard a couple of weeks ago to capture the last color of our growing season.

GrizzBabe said...

Cool camera! I like the last one. It has a nice 3-D effect.