My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Siblings

The kids and I were eating dinner a couple of nights ago while listening to Jeff Corwin's Into Alaska program on the TV.

J-man stated "We bought Alaska from the Russians a long time ago. Didn't we mom?"

Heck, I don't know. I shrugged my shoulders and said "I'm not sure buddy. Where did you hear that?"

He said, "I learned it in school last year."

Then my sweet, charming daughter sneered, "Yeah... and you are going to learn it again this year."

I gasped really loud and told her - using her first, middle, and last name - "that wasn't very nice! We aren't going to make J-man feel bad for being held back. You apologize!"

She lowered her head and said "sorry".

Siblings... sheesh.

10 comments:

Biddie said...

LOL. I have to laugh, because I heard that sooo many times when I repeated the 6 th grade.
(I heard it from my brother)

CindyDianne said...

ROFL!

Marni - that is hysterical and horrible at the same time! OMG! Bug has a wicked sense of humor.

J-man doing ok?

Marni said...

She is definitley a handful.

J-man is doing OK. He has B's in all of his classes but one. It is very frustrating because his class work and homework are A's and B's but he failed a test which dropped him to a 69. At this point, I don't care about that... he is DOING the work and that is all that matters.

Coffeypot said...

That is one of the reasons I love to have them on the weekends. They keep us in stitches without even trying.

ccw said...

LOL! That is awful and damn funny.

KLee said...

Goodness, Bug! Where did that snippy streak come from?! Is she spending too much time with Coffeypot again?!? :)

Drier said...

You didn't mention what J-man's reaction was.

raine said...

Sometimes I can't decide whether to be horrified at what comes out of their mouths or impressed at their maturing wit. (I always at least pretend to be horrified).

Heidi the Hick said...

first middle and last names!!!! That's when you know you're in trouble!

(about the make up- I was allowed to wear it in grade 9, if I remember correctly. I started letting my daughter wear some eye shadow and lip gloss last year at 12 but not to school. She has to prove that she can do a nice job of it and get it washed off at the end of the day! She wears it for her ballet recital at the end of the year so that does it for her- an evening and a full day with a face full of paint is a good education on what's not so nice about it!)

Good to hear about your boy's progress at school! I think this wil be a good year for him.

Marni said...

Klee: she gets it honest (raising my hand)

Drier: he just went "uh..." like it shocked him.