My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

I'm a jinx

I shouldn't be allowed to go to sports events.

My co-workers and I headed to the Braves game this afternoon. It was one of those "business man's special" games that began at 1 p.m. We had nosebleed seats, but they were cheap and right above homeplate. It was hot, but we were in the shade the entire time...the sun was behind the field. If I ever go back, I think I'll sit there again.

So, the Braves are trying to get into the World Series again, right? We are behind something like 7 1/2 games and had to beat the Phillies to even make a wildcard spot. We were in a three-game series with the Phillies and they were ahead by 2 games heading in to today's game.

As we watched, the Braves fell behind 8-2. We were all bummed, so decided to take off after the 7th inning. I told my co-workers "You watch.... I'll leave and they'll start doing really well! I'm a jinx. When I go to a game, my team usually loses."

They laughed at me.

The Braves came back in the 9th inning and won 9-8. I watched the final runs -- from home.

Believe?

5 comments:

chelene said...

That's happened to me. I went to a Yanks game and they were down by 7 in the 8th. My group decided to leave. We heard the amazing comeback in the car on the way home!

Coffeypot said...

Do you go to the Hawks games? They never win. If anyone cares.

ccw said...

It's only been the last few Red's games that we have attended that they have won.

The only way they typically win is if we leave early. Then we hear the victory on the radio.

The game we went to last week they easily won and we saw the entire game. I imagine that won't happen again.

Heidi the Hick said...

I dunno about that but you made my day today! Thanks for the link!

GrizzBabe said...

I have a rule when I go to sports events - never leave before the game is over. And not just over metaphorically but over in actuality. You never know what might happen. Even if your team doesn't win, maybe there will be a fight, or a spectacular play worthy of Sportscenter. Or maybe the two drunks guys a few rows over will get into a tussle. You just never know.