My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Home again...

Well, it is over and I only made it 25 miles. Dammit.

By mile 15 on Saturday my feet were hamburger and if I wanted to walk the 10 miles on Sunday (which I accomplished!) I had to stop. I got in a van and headed back to the hotel. There is an interesting story attached with that ride back, but I'll expand on it later.

Mom, however, made it the entire way -- 30 miles. I couldn't be more proud of her. Just goes to show she is a survivor in every meaning of the word. She is, and will always be, my hero.

I don't think I'm gonna do it again. It is too hard. If anything, I'll either do the Sunday walk (10 miles) or I'll volunteer to be on a crew. I want to remain involved. Heck, I NEED to remain involved. I just can't walk that much again. I've tried it twice and came up short both times.

I feel disappointed in myself. I'm embarrassed. BUT it isn't about the miles walked... it is about raising money for a good cause. I did that. I participated. I made a difference in someone's life.

For that alone, I am proud.

I'll post pictures and details later. Right now I am going to take some Advil and soak my feet.

14 comments:

CindyDianne said...

Right now I can't walk easily from the bedroom to the back door, so you are soooo much better off! Plus, I am super proud that you tried it at all. No need to be embarassed. None at all!

Biddie said...

Don't feel bad, and you really should NOT feel disappointed in yourself. You rock. Seriously, Marni.
I am so proud of you :)

a/k/a Nadine said...

I agree! No need to feel disappointed. You did a great job and a good thing. I'm impressed!

Lisa said...

Like you said, it's not how far you made it, it's that you walked at all. Seriously, you rock!!

Valerie said...

You should be proud of the miles you DID walk and the money you raised.

Way to go Marni!

Cup said...

Join your cousins for the Making a Stride walk at the end of the month — it's just a 5K, I believe.

I am VERY proud of you and your mama.

katy said...

you did great girl just great, well done you

Some Guy said...

Awesome job! The fact that you're making a difference is the most important thing.

Drier said...

That's more effort than I've put into almost anything. Nice job.

chelene said...

Don't be disappointed, Marni! You did a wonderful job. Much better than I could ever hope to do!

KLee said...

25 miles ain't nuthin' to sneeze at, woman! You did a GREAT job. Way much better that I could have ever done. You deserve to be commended for even attempting it, much less making it 25 freaking miles.

Good work. We are all so proud of you.

raine said...

25 miles!! That's awesome.

Joe said...

You did GREAT! Bless you for doing it. Now get some rest!

Canadian flake said...

Awwww don't feel disappointed in yourself....just TRYING was an awesome thing that most people don't..Congrats and hold your head high...I am proud of you for trying and doing so well!!!