My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Thursday, August 16, 2007

I'm such a brat

I'm working from home today. At lunch I decided to run some errands - one of which included going to the grocery store.

I only had to pick up a couple of items so once they were all collected I headed to the express counter. As I was walking toward the line, a lady came scooting out of an aisle with a bag of rice. Obviously her purchase was more important than mine because, while eyeing me, she sped up to beat me to the line.

I just said "hmm" under my breath.

Can you tell when someone thinks they are better than you and everyone else in town? Well, she was one of those. She had her Starbucks coffee in one hand, her denim capri's and pressed white shirt on her skinny body, her Keds were brand new (or freshly bleached) and her glasses were sitting on top of her head. She looked so freakin' stuck up! I mean if it were raining she would have drowned! I can. not. stand. people like that.

So guess what happened... The manager of the store opened the lane right next to ours. He was trying to get her attention to be the first in his line, but she was too busy looking around at everyone else and comparing herself to them.

So what did I do?

I was the first in his line and she wound up behind me.

HA!

Bitch.

10 comments:

KLee said...

I hate people like that. We got a plethora of them down here, too.

What they don't realize is that we all end up the same way, and if you alienate everyone around you, you're only going to end up there alone.

Coffeypot said...

Life's little victories are so sweet.

Esther said...

Haha, serves her right. I mean, you're already in an express line, it can't possibly take that long for anyone to check out.

Drier said...

You should have farted when she got in line behind you.

GrizzBabe said...

Ha! I like Drier's idea.

Biddie said...

I love getting one over on people like that!
When Shawn and I went grocery last week, an older man in line behind us was pissed and muttering almost under his breath because we had a full cart of food.
Ummm...sorry? We weren't in the express lane, we were just shopping like everyone else. Some people are just bad humans....

Anonymous said...

I got warm fuzzies from reading that story.
I would have looked over my shoulder at her, stuck my nose up in the air and sniffed, giving her the evil eye all the time.
I don't like people like that, do they have them up North??

Lisa said...

Hehe! You make me laugh.

Mrs. Wendi Mac said...

I hate people like that - my personal favorite is standing in line for one of the 4 self-checkouts to open up at Wal-Mart. It's OBVIOUS that there is a line for no particular one, yet people feel they are above and beyond that and just skip the waiting and dash to one of them. It's so annoying how people want everything right away and no one else should be taken into consideration. I have encountered this with some of my clients who think I should drop the contract I promised to someone by a certain time, and am currently working on, so they can get their contract 15 minutes sooner - these are also the ones that wait til the last minute to take care of their events and want to blame me for their laziness.

I also hate the jerks that jump in the express line with well over the maximum number of items allowed.

Valerie said...

Sweet.

Karma is good.

(and I like Drier's idea)