My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Happy birthday, Buddy

Kids get some of the funniest thoughts in their heads.

Last night, J-man asked me if he was still considered a child. I said, "Well, yeah. People usually consider you a child until you turn 18. Why do you ask?"

J: Well, when they say "women and children first, I just want to know if I'm supposed to stay behind!"

He turns 12 today. He has done a lot of maturing and growing this summer, and I'm starting to see the kind of man he will turn out to be. One with a big heart, lots of love to give, and a great sense of humor. If he can pass the sixth grade this year there may be hope for him!

I think he is ready to face the challenge.

And, buddy, you don't have to worry about being left behind for another six years. But if I know you... if there was a request for someone to give up their seat for a child or woman, you would be the first to volunteer. And that makes me proud.

I love you! Happy birthday, J-man.

7 comments:

Coffeypot said...

HBD, J-Man. We love you very much, and don't forget your feeble old pawpaw. It should be women and children and pawpaw’s first. And as of today you can legally go without wearing the life vest on the boat. You da man!

CindyDianne said...

J (oh you of the great Nascar driver name) - Happy Birthday Wishes are comin your way from the Great State of Texas!

;-)

jo(e) said...

Happy Birthday J-man!

It's so wonderful to watch your kids grow up into caring, compassionate adults.

Cup said...

That's so funny! And it shows what a kind heart he has to be thinking about that question. He definitely has some Coffey in him.

KLee said...

Happy Birthday, big guy. You sure are a sweetie!

katy said...

Happy 12th birthday J-man.

Lisa said...

Happy belated Birthday, J-man!!! Hope it was as great as you are!