My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Off we go

I'm leaving in about 30 minutes to take J-man to the surgeon. He is having four teeth (adult) extracted today to make room in his mouth for all his big ol' toofees.

He is scared to death - bless his heart. This will make 15 teeth that he has had removed in the past year. BUT these are the first that have to be removed by a surgeon. The rest were baby teeth his dentist just pulled.

Keep your fingers crossed for him and send good thoughts his way. He needs 'em!

Update: We're home and he is doing well. He was crying after his surgery because he was so confused, but as we got closer to home he became more aware of his surroundings. I had to make a couple of stops to get jello, pudding, and applesauce for him to eat and he stayed in the car.

After we got home, he immediately turned on his x-box and began playing Transformers. I spoon-fed him some applesauce (because his face was still numb) and then gave him pain meds. Within the hour he was seeing double, singing silly songs, and acting like a drunkard. I made him turn off the game and he is now snoozing like a little baby.

Thank you for all your good vibes. He is such a trooper!

10 comments:

Some Guy said...

Will do! Good luck!

Valerie said...

best wishes and good luck!

Coffeypot said...

He may be scared but I marvel at his bravery. He faces his obstacles and sees them though even though he knows it will be uncomfortable. Like when I took the splinter out from under his fingernail. He was scared and cried and he shook a little but he held his hand out to me as steady as a surgeon. He has much more courage than I did at his age and he is a source of inspiration much more than he will ever know. Give him a big hug and a kiss on the top of his head for us.

Cup said...

Fingers are crossed.

ccw said...

Ouch!

I had 11 teeth pulled in order to get my braces but I never had any surgically removed (minus wisdom teeth which is a pain that could have its own category in hell).

Here's to a swift surgery and recovery!

Anonymous said...

One of my 11yo molars came in ROTTEN. I asked her repeatedly if she had brushed her teeth, flossed, mouthwashed, etc. Yes, Mama.

I looked at her molar half in and black, took her to the dentist, who had never seen that before, she went to an oral surgeon.

It was over in less than 15min. It'll be fine, I was a nervous wreck, though. I'll pray for both of you.

katy said...

poor lad hope he is feeling better real soon

a/k/a Nadine said...

Oh, my mouth aches for him. Glad it's over and he's doing OK.

Esther said...

That totally sucks he had to go through that, but it's almost standard in my family. My older brother had 4 adult teeth out, but I had the worst with 15 full-rooted baby teeth pulled as well as 4 badly impacted wisdom teeth.
Give him all the jello, milkshakes/smoothies (with a spoon, no straw) and applesauce he wants. Mashed potatoes are good too.

KLee said...

Sorry that J-man is down for the count! I had four teeth removed a few years ago, and it wasn't exactly a picnic.

Echoing what ester said -- no straws. He could get a dry socket, which is permanent pain. Soup, smoothies, jello, and anything mushy is what I forsee for poor J-man's future. Give him a hug from me. :)