My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Talk about mixed messages

J-man is being held back, right?

So why, then, did he bring home an invitation to the Honor's Day Award Ceremony? It says he is receiving. an. award!

In what? It sure as hell isn't in math, science, or literature!

You can bet your sweet bippie I'll be there... just to see what this crazy effed up school is doing.

He is so proud of the invitation -- only kids that are receiving an award got one. I double-checked it to make sure he didn't write in his name... he didn't. It was an adult's handwriting. (Pitiful, huh?)

What could it be? He did well in Social Studies...

Bless his heart. He needs this to boost his self esteem, but talk about confusing a kid! Heck, I'm confused about it all!

6 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

Nah, it's not so confusing. They're probably giving him an award for being a good friend, or for excelling in comedy or drama, or good social skills. You know- the stuff that actually matters!!

Coffeypot said...

I think it is an award for being the best damn grandson ever put on this earth.

Biddie said...

Yeah, I think that Heidi is right about this. Maybe the school recognizes the need to boost his self esteem.
I can't wait to hear all about it! I think that this will be great for J-Man.
P.S. I don't think that schools give out awards for best grandson ever. Maybe they should.

ccw said...

Who cares? He needs this now so it is wonderful.

Marni said...

I agree! I can't wait to see what it is for... and he is beside himself with excitement! I took the day off from work to make sure i'm there...

SkippyMom said...

THAT is SO AWESOME...please tell J-man we said so...sometimes the awards are better than the academic ones because they go to his school spirit, or his team playing or even being a great friend. I much rather those for the Porcupine (9) as the onus isn't' on being smart, as it is on being a great person, right?

I am all tiggly with excitement...please write soon and post a pic!

HUGS!