My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Monday, May 21, 2007

I completely understand

Want to piss off a couple pugs?

Put them on a diet.

I took Dozer and Grimmy to the vet for their annual check up on Saturday. It seems Grim has gained 8 pounds this past year and even though Dozer has lost a pound, he is still considered overweight.

The doctor gave us some "diet" food; they are only allowed 1 and 2/3 cup each. This isn't their brand -- they like Iams and this is Eukanuba. Each one walked up to the bowl, sniffed the food, sneezed at it, and walked away.

They haven't eaten in 24+ hours. I'm worried about them but Carl keeps saying they will eat when they get hungry. If they don't eat soon I'm going to call the vet again; maybe I'll see if Iams has diet food.

Grim blames his dad. Last night he would have NOTHING to do with Carl. Carl would call him and Grim would just move his eyes; he wouldn't lift his head or wag his tail. Dozer gave me the cold shoulder this morning along with the droopy ears and eyes. They are playing it up well!

Bless 'em. Diets are a bitch... even for pugs.

6 comments:

a/k/a Nadine said...

The poor little guys. My dog (Mr. Rochester) will eat anything. Sticks, stones, you name it, he'll eat it. I can't even imagine what it would take to get him to walk away from food. Hope they cave soon to your diet food.

Laurie said...

lmao. my dog is so picky about food. they lie when they say they'll eat anything. they are like people. they'll eat the good stuff.

hope they get better soon!

Biddie said...

My pups are very picky, too. I can't imagine putting Porky on a diet, even though I kno wthat she needs one! She would never 'speak' to me again!
Good luck!

ME said...

Iams does have a maintenance overweight food... I beleive its the blue bag. That is what I feed my dog and he seems to like it

Cup said...

Go see your cousin Paige's beagle. Then the kids won't feel so bad.

Heidi the Hick said...

Holy crap, your PUGS stopped EATING??? They must be really ticked off! Dobby is such a vacuum cleaner I can't imagine him refusing to eat...but I've only been giving him a cup of food twice a day. I have been warned so many times not to let him get too heavy or he'll have breathing problems, so I've been careful with his food. BUT he will eat anything in his path...and sometimes fools the kids or big daddy into feeding him again (Like I'd forget!)