My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Baby makes her blue jeans talk

I need some advice.

This isn't about the kids... or the pugs... or even dinner. It is about jeans.

My favorite jeans in the whole world are my Levi 505s. I love these jeans. They are the most comfortable pair I have ever owned. And they are about to fall apart. The seams are slowly unraveling. I have strands of worn out denim hanging off the cuffs. The butt is almost white. BUT the denim is soft and they fit like a glove. They are the BEST!

SOOOOOO....

I am in the market for some new denim. I can't find any 505s to save my life. I have a pair of cute jeans from Old Navy but they just aren't as comfortable. I have a couple of Levi 550s, but the denim is too course and they ride up my fanny. Ick!

What are your favorite jeans? Where do you get them? Are they expensive?

Help!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

I have two pair that are my favs - a pair of lowrise Jordache (from the teen department) and a pair of Levis (not sure which style). It's hard for me to find jeans cuz I've got really long legs and regular cuts are usually too short.

Cup said...

My faves are a pair of low-rise Mossimo jeans I got at Target last fall (I don’t muffin-top, though; I always make sure there’s no flesh showing). I just bought a pair at Old Navy, and they’re just okay; the waist is tighter than the hips — and that never happens on my butt.

You can order a pair of 505s online. I love Levi’s, but I haven’t been able to find my size lately.

Esther said...

My favs are Long and Lean from the Gap. Don't be deceived, I'm only 5'2" and they fit just fine.

Heidi the Hick said...

Oh boy, I know it!

In Saskatoon I had to buy new jeans. First time in 20 years my husband's been with me for it. What a pain!

Went to three stores. At the Gap I tried on NINE pairs and none fit.

I am short, and my ribs are very close to my waist. I hate high rise pants. But, it's uncomfortable to have them too low and pinch my hip bones. I also have a ridiculously big bum in proportion to my waist so yeah, all of those really were gap jeans...about a three inch gap between my lower back and the jeans.

I ended getting a pair of Brody jeans at Bluenotes...after trying on five more pairs. They're pretty ok. Still have to wear a belt to control a small gap but they are big enough in the bum and thunder thighs and they'll do. I don't know if you have those stores in the States though.

I hear you on denim quality too!

My man goes to Zellers and picks up the exact same number Levis every time and they always fit. We girls can't do that though. I have a different body than I did even five years ago!

Keep looking. It's frustrating but it's so worth it to find those good happy jeans.

KLee said...

I have a pair of very soft jeans that I got online from the Lane Bryant catalog. I love the softer denim, but they always wear out much quicker.

I had a pair of regular denim jeans that I wore for about five or six years that finally bit the bullet last year, and I was so bummed when they finally did. They were broken in in all the right places, and I can't stand stiff new ones.

Anonymous said...

I love shopping at Ross Dress for Less... they always have some awesome deals on jeans and they don't break your bank...

Marni said...

I LOVE Ross... that is where I found my 505s! I don't have one near me anymore... guess I need to take a tiny road trip.

Thank you for all your suggestions! I'm going to shop for some new jeans this weekend.