My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Lost is baaaack...

but I am more confused than ever... Let's see
  • Ben is Alex's dad? So he and the French lady hooked up? When? He said he had been on the island his whole life and the FL (I can't spell her name) was there on an expedition. When did they meet and have time to...um... make a baby?
  • What was Tom talking about when he mentioned some guy "turning purple"?
  • How in the heck did Ben wake up during surgery? And remain so calm? I would. have. freaked!
  • I KNEW Julie's hubby was gonna get hit by that bus... but how COOL was that? He was a total and complete JERK!
  • Did Julie's sister have some sort of cancer? Not too smart giving someone going thru cancer treatments a baby to birth...
  • What in holy tarnation was Carl going thru? How WEIRD was that!
  • Are the Hanso foundation, the Widemores, and this new company all in cahoots?

I'm getting kind of frustrated with all the companies and their connections. I want to know what it all means! I love the show, but last night confused me even more. I'll keep watching just so I can see what happens.

Anyone else watch? What did you think?

5 comments:

Coffeypot said...

People waking up during surgery isn’t uncommon. Sometime they are brought back to wakefulness on purpose. I watched a special one day on a woman who was cut open from her neck to her butt crack in order to put a steel rod in to straighten her back bone. The doctor JAMMED the rod down into her pelvis area and then put his hands on the upper end and pushed it down into her neck area. He then used a drill like thing to tighten wires wrapped around her backbone over the steel rod. Then they woke her up and ask her to wiggle her toes and move her feet. She did and then went back to sleep. Then six people (RN’s or Dr.s), three on each side, lifted her sides up and the doctor started to staple her from neck to butt. It was gross and fascinating at the same time. But I have always wondered how she tied her shoes or put on socks or pantyhose. The point is, they work her up with her body split open like a butchered cow and she did not feel the pain.

The bus scene is the coolest thing I have seen on TV in a long time. I even call Sweet Tea in NJ and ask if she saw that scene. Awesome!

Marni said...

TMI, dad, TMI... besides that sounds like a controlled wake up... what happened to Ben was a complete surprise.

And I have now realized that Tom said purple SKY not anything about a guy! My bad.

Coffeypot said...

TMI means I succeeded in grossing you out. Am I the best, or what? I wonder how she explains it to the Gestapo at the airport when the bells and whistles go off when she walks though the metal detectors. And she can’t even scrooch up under the covers, either. But she can stand at attention with the best of them.

Biddie said...

I thought that Ben had kidnapped Alex from her mom/dad. That's what I think happened. He just raised her as his own...I think that Tom said when the SKY turned purple, the day of the plane crash. I LOVED it when that jerk got hit by the bus! It makes you wonder how powerful these guys really are? HOW could you set something like that up?
I have heard of people waking up during surgery, too. Scary thought.
Was Carl being tortured just because he loves Alex? Is Jack EVER going to get back to his island? I can't wait for next week!

Esther said...

It's really unclear whether Alex is Ben's biological daughter. My vote on Carl was that he wasn't following the Other's mentality and they were trying to break him - maybe because he was talking about getting off the island with Alex.

Ben's freaky anyway, so the fact that he didn't do anything when he woke up didn't shock me that much. Especially since they kept getting close-ups of his face.

I was wondering about Juliet's sister also. I mean, it's great that she's pregnant, but if she has cancer, that doesn't bode well for the fetus. And clearly they set up that bus thing - but that was creepy. I want to know why Juliet's been stuck on the island for 3 years!