My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

It came upon me wave on wave


Carl and I were hoping to see an awesome performer on Wednesday, but alas we didn’t win the tickets. I would still like to introduce you to him!

His name is Pat Green.

For those of you who do not know Mr. Green, you are missing out. He has the sexiest, gravelly voice. He sings a mix of country/blues/rock that is fun to dance to and you can sing along at the top of your lungs. Ok - he's a little more country than anything, but he makes it sound different... somehow. I can't explain it! Could be his Texan twang...

I was first introduced to Pat by a song called Wave On Wave. I liked the song, but it didn’t impress me all that much. Then I saw Pat sing it live… boy, did my opinion change. Carl and I went to see him on New Years Eve 2004 when he opened for Big & Rich (a duo that is worthy of a listen as well – they are brilliant!), and I fell instantly in love. Pat is a big, blonde hunk of a man that has a wicked sense of humor and a voice that can melt butter. I loved watching him sing, dance, and SMILE! Oh my goodness what a smile. I wanted to listen to him all night, and did not want his set to end.

We went and bought his album, Lucky Ones, on January 2nd (only because the stores were closed on January 1st). It is on my ipod and I listen to it all the time – and not in shuffle mode. I’m talking the whole album. Song. By. Song.

His new album, Cannonball, drops today and I am going to try and pick up a copy at lunch. I have heard his new single and it is GOOD! I can’t wait to hear the rest of the tracks.You may not be a big fan of country music, and I can understand that. BUT please give Pat Green a shot – especially his album Lucky Ones. I promise you won’t be disappointed.

I’ll let you know about his new CD once I tear myself away.

6 comments:

Cup said...

He's cute.

Marni said...

And even cuter in person...

Biddie said...

Not as cute as you pug..

Coffeypot said...

He looks like Ray Evernham.

Marni said...

Life - definitely not

Coffeypot - NO he doesn't. Where do you come up with these things?!

Biddie said...

YOUR pug...honestly. I MUST slow down...