My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Waiting... and waiting... and waiting

I got to come home early from work today! Sounds good, right? Uh - no.

We moved into our house 11 months ago so it is time for the one year warranty inspection. We have a few items that need to be inspected and repaired -- a door that sticks, a window that doesn't stay open, siding that is a bit loose, caulking that is chipping off (cheap crap), etc. So what am I waiting on? The fricken repair guys! Our warranty company sent us a great letter listing all of the items and telling us what company to be looking for. When should someone be prepared for these folks? Oh, some time between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. That is 12 hours people!

Carl, of course, has a class and has to work so he left at 2:30 p.m. and I have to sacrifice an entire day of waiting for the offer. This sucks! I can't take the kids to the pool. If the doorbell rings, the boys go bat-shit and I have to shove them in the back yard. I feel trapped! I want to go to Walmart, dammit!

2 comments:

KLee said...

I hate being at the beck and call of people like that. I once got so teed with a cable repairman, that I told him when he finally came: "You can expect my payment some time between today and six weeks from now." He was not amused. I, however, felt completely justified.

Cup said...

SO UNFAIR! What if we tried to pull that in the corporate world. It's now 6:13 p.m. Have they showed up?