My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Answering the challenge

My cousin Beth has set forth a challenge on her blog - Cup of Coffey - in which I have to come up with my top 8 Desert Island Discs. This was a tough one. There are so many genres of music I love, and I am truly partial to the 80s and 90s hair bands. I enjoy country, rap, pop, and even classical but to come up with only 8 songs! Heavens to betsy - what a task.

Here are my top picks. Love 'em or leave 'em... they are mine...

  • Prince: "Kiss"
  • Cheap Trick: "I Want You to Want Me"
  • Black Eyed Peas: "My Humps"
  • Heatwave: "Always and Forever"
  • Guns N Roses: "Sweet Child of Mine"
  • Whitesnake: "Here I Go Again"
  • Kiss: "Heaven's on Fire"
  • Stray Cats: "Sexy and 17"

A few of these I have loved since high school and bring back great memories... a couple are from college and bring back even BETTER memories. I would also like to include songs from Queen, Poison, Skid Row, Warrant, The Beatles, and more... but alas, I could only choose eight.

If you know me, though, you will understand why these made my list. All of these songs bring a smile to my face.

1 comment:

Cup said...

That's the thing about songs - they bring the good memories back to life.