My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Monday, November 01, 2010

30 Days of Truth: Day 9

Someone you didn't want to let go, but who drifted

This may sound like a cop-out but I can't think of a soul for today's topic.

As I've said before, I believe people are put in your life to teach you something, so when they have done that, they tend to move out of your life.

I've had several friends - Donna, Marie, Diana, Andrew, Barry - that I thought I would be in touch with forever, but for some reason we drifted apart. Each have taught me different things about myself and others.

Do I wish we were still friends. Yes! And I am in touch with a couple of those folks on Facebook, but we don't chat. We don't make time to get together. We are just observers in each others lives. I love the fact that I can see them as adults and celebrate their families. To me it is enough.

No comments: