My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

30 Days of Truth: Day 10

Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn't know

Easy - see Day 8.

He affected me in so many ways. My self esteem was in the trash heap for so long because of him. I never thought I would be able to find a "good" man. I always thought I would end up alone or in jail thanks to the things he said to me.

I wish I had never met him or gotten so mixed up in all that misery.

BUT

It was the summer after we broke up that I decided to go on a vacation to Savannah. While there, I asked the friend I was visiting to take me to a country bar. I said I was only going to meet a guy, get his phone number, and never speak to him again.

The boy I met that night has been by my side for the last 18 years.

I guess he wound up being good for something.

1 comment:

SkippyMom said...

Yes he is definitely good for quite a few somethings isn't he. heehee

I am glad you went to GA to get away from home and the slime. Really glad you got HIS phone number.

Hugs to you both.