My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Thursday, July 08, 2010

A day early

Dear Bug,

Tomorrow is your 12th birthday.

I cannot believe how fast time is flying! It seems like just yesterday you were that beautiful, bald, fat little baby girl that came into my life. Today, you are a sweet, beautiful, funny tween that loves music, books, and horses.

You make me laugh on a regular basis. Your innocence and gullibility make you a target for some folks, but I think it is endearing. As long as you continue to look to me for the truth you know you will get it. Others may try to trick you into believing things, but I will never steer you wrong. You have my pinkie promise on that!

I wish I could protect you from things that are heading your way... broken hearts, fights (with J-man, your dad, and me), accidents, high-school, boys - but I can't. You have to live through them to grow. You have to experience them to become the woman you are meant to be. I just hope you never forget that you can talk to me about anything. We are together in your journey through teenage angst.

Most of all, I want to let you know how much I love you. You make me so proud. You are a genuinely good person and great friend to those you are close to. I have never met one so loyal. I wish I had been more like you as a kid. You have more confidence than I did, and you tend to do a good job at standing up for yourself.

I hope all your dreams come true. I hope you get to be the Olympic Equestrian Gold Medalist that is also a Chef. I will do whatever I can to make that happen.

I am writing this today because tomorrow is going to be a busy one for you. Your friends are coming over to celebrate a very special day. I hope it is everything you want it to be and more. I hope you enjoy every second of it and smile that beautiful smile of yours all day long.

You are something special. Happy birthday.

I love you,
Mom

5 comments:

SkippyMom said...

Definitely something SPECIAL - and so, so, so gorgeous. Ask if I can have her pretty hair and freckles. How can you not smile when you look at her? Just beautful.

Happy Birthday Bug. Love from VA!

Becky said...

She is such a cutie! What you told wrote almost made me cry, it' so filled with love for her. Happy Birthday Miss Bug!!

comebacknikki said...

Awww, happy birthday to Bug! :)

Truth-Monkey said...

Happy Birthday to Bug! Your words to her made me cry. I hope to be there someday. :)

GrizzBabe said...

Bee-you-tiful letter! Hope Bugs birthday was a great one!