My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Monday, September 21, 2009

School is cancelled due to....

Rain.

Yes, it is raining like Noah's flood here in Georgia. It thunderstormed all night last night; I don't think I've ever had that happen before. The sun hasn't been out in about four days and I'm really starting to feel it.

And even more bad news -- no hint of sunshine for the rest of this week.

It is actually so bad that the kids school was cancelled. Schools and roads are flooded. People are being stranded left and right. It is awful!

I called Bug and J-man to see if they are OK being left alone today.

Me: You guys up and moving?

Bug: Yes

Me: Are you scared? It is still thundering pretty bad.

Bug: No

Me: Did you go back to sleep after dad called to say school was cancelled?

Bug: Yes

Me: Is J-man up?

Bug: Yes

Me: Am I only going to get one word answers for the rest of this conversation?

Bug: No.... ma'am!!

Then she giggled and said "Ahhh hahaha!!" in her sweet little laugh.

Brat.

Love her.

4 comments:

Coffeypot said...

J-Man called me this morning at 7:30 to tell me he was home from school and that someone was bulding an ark in the 'hood.

Becky said...

Just read on MSN news about the terrible tragedies that happened due to this rain. Please stay safe! The roads are so dangerous.

Libby's Library said...

We haven't had rain for days...send it here! Hope you stay dry and don't float away.

Patty said...

I heard about all the flooding. I hope you are safe nnd dry.