My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Friday, April 24, 2009

Morning jolt

I slept late this morning so I couldn't stop for my initial cup of coffee. By the time I got to work I had a raging headache and could hardly walk because the jarring hurt so bad.

When I finally got that cup o' joe, I took one sip and the headache disappeared. Instantly.

I've heard that if you go cold turkey from caffeine you get a bad headache for two days or more. Honestly... I couldn't do it. I could NOT live with that pain for that long. I'd rather drink my coffee and deal with the consequences.

I've done decaf. It is good and will still get some caffeine; just not as much as a full cup of coffee. I'll do half and half sometimes. But for now, I must have "leaded" - unleaded doesn't do the trick.

No comments: