My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Laying it out there

I'm having a hard time with life right now. The situation with Carl has resolved itself in one form, but we are still plugging along trying to make the bad guys atone for their wrong-doings.

In the mean time, he got a cut in pay and we are struggling.

Bad.

As I type this I am looking at the bills I have to pay next week and am wondering where the money is going to come from. We have enough to pay the essentials, but the credit cards and school loans? Not so much. We are already getting the phone calls... next are the letters.

And I'm scared.

Hello, Peter? Meet Paul... he is who is paying you.

We haven't been this bad off in a loooong time. I don't want to file the big "B" but we may have to. Carl says he isn't worried because when I freak out like this things turn out just fine. I don't think that is the case this time. My hair is falling out, I can't sleep... but my appetite is just fine! I eat when I worry... and I've put on a couple of pounds.

What if the kids get sick? What if any of the animals get sick? I need to get the boy's nails clipped but can't afford it. What if our AC stops working? What if something breaks and we need to fix it? What if... what if.... GAH!

I'm going to look for a parttime job, but who is hiring in this economy? I don't want to work retail... the thought makes my skin crawl. BUT if it will help us out until we get things under control maybe I can refrain from being ugly to the public.

This sucks. Big Time.

We'll make it through one way or another. I just needed to vent a little and get it off my chest. You guys have always been so good to me... guess I just need another shoulder to cry on.

Wah.

10 comments:

CindyDianne said...

Oh Marni!

I guess I missed what the situation is with Carl..

But, KB is laid off so I totally related.

I'll be thinking about you and your family. It's probably too early to think about the big B. You can call your credit card and school loan companies and have them work with you.

It sucks. I am so sorry!

SkippyMom said...

I am so, so sorry Marni - it is tough all the way around for you I can see - hopefully something good will come of it in time?

Is there a way to work something with the CC & student loan [they are easier than the CC]? Try and talk to them - take some pressure off.

I am thinking of you and wishing you the best. Know I understand!


Hugs!

Jay said...

Venting is good, and it sounds like you really deserve it.

Becky said...

I know Peter and Paul all too well. I've been on unemployment since last July. I''ve had 2 pet emergencies and 1 household emergency 3 weeks ago. I'm always behind. I so feel your pain and frustation. There are no jobs or they hire the young ones. Us older folks have bills to pay, medicine to buy, groceries,pets etc. I'll praying for you and your family. On a much lighter note, how's Punkin and One eyed Jack???

KLee said...

I'm sorry things look so bleak right now. Hopefully, though, things will pick up in the end. It's not like Carl's job will ever be totally eliminated -- there will always be a need for police -- but it sucks like hell that he risks his life for what is essentially a paltry amount. The same could be said (without the risk of life and limb, though...) for teachers. People want quality services for rock bottom prices.

As for a "temp" job, have you thought about something like medical or legal transcription, where you could work from home, or email documents in? That would save you from having to actually GO to another job, but help get you some extra cash. I'm looking at selling a bunch of Offspring's old toys on eBay or taking them to our local kids resale shop. Anything to get a few extra bucks....

Patty said...

I'm feeling your pain here hon...we rarely get our bills paid on time and usually put one off to pay another. My hubby and I are both working but it is never enough. Ours is eat up with child support payments. I work the dreaded retail and let me tell you it doesn't pay much. try a local temp service if you have any office skills at all, I know you type so that is a good start. At lest the temp centers pay a bit higher..Good luck

Coffeypot said...

Don't make yourself sick over ‘what ifs.’ Just take care of ‘what is.’ Handle each one as it comes, one at a time. You can't do anything about ‘what ifs.’

You should have said something. I can take care of the nails. It doesn't bother me.

comebacknikki said...

I'm so sorry, girl. I've been in one of those situations before & I know it's not fun.

{{{Marni}}}

Southern (in)Sanity said...

Hang in there. Like coffeypot said, just take it day to day and don't worry about what might happen. Deal with it as it comes.

GrizzBabe said...

I'm so sorry you are going through such a hard time. But things will get better.

Sometimes our anxiety is rooted in our fears that we will not be able to handle what life may throw our way. Well, think about the absolute worst thing that can happen to you as a result of your financial troubles, probably bankruptcy or foreclosure, right? People recover from those things all the time. As unpleasant as they are to go though, they are not the end of the world.

Also, talk to your student loan company to see if you can get them deferred. I got mine deferred when I was laid off.