My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Ben's episode

It has been a while since I wrote about my thoughts on Lost. To be honest, I didn't think you guys wanted to hear it.

But last night's ep deserved a post.

It was amazing!

Ben has always been one of my favorite characters. You never know if he is good or evil or even if he has a heart. The ep where he murdered Locke was shocking and yet fit his persona... it shouldn't have shocked anyone.

To see him last night so upset over Alex's death touched me. He truly took on the role of her dad and he really loved her. I'm glad to see that protective side of him.

And when he stopped short of killing Penny because little Charlie came out... that was a telling moment.

THEN Dez tackled him and beat the crap out of him! WOO HOO Desmond! That's the way to protect your fam-leh!!!

Other thoughts from last night:
  • The dude that played the adult Widmore was HOTTTT!! (the one that had the discussion with lil' Ben) Who is HE?
  • What is in the shadow of the statue? And how did she know about it? They have only been on that one beach -- nowhere near the statue.
  • Good for Ben on blowing that dude away... but when did he get the gun? He was never near him to snatch it out of the satchel.
  • I'm still confused about the whole purge and time frame... need to read more on that.
  • John Locke looks good cleaned up! I like this whole new confident leader.
  • Ol' Smokey was cool! Did you see he had a conversation with Anubis at some point? (the stone wall)
  • Also - how weird is it that Ben's closet had access to the tunnels... and he had to pull a DRAIN PLUG to call forth Smokey? WTF????
  • I can't help but wonder if Ben will continue to follow Locke. Will he have the ability to concede his leadership role to him?
  • Where was Sun when they went underground? Why didn't she go with them?
  • Who is Penny's mom? Has that ever been revealed? She isn't from the island... how cool would it be if Faraday and Penny were half brother/sister????

That's all I can think of for now. I loved that episode... and next week we get to see Sawyer again. I miss Desmond though. It was so good to see him last night. I hope we get more.

But I wouldn't complain if they brought back that other Widmore either.

3 comments:

Becky said...

I really want to go back to the beginning and get dvds. This is such a mystery. I watch old episodes back to back on Sunday nights and if I remember the new show during the week. So you know how confused I am! I love all the characters. Have you seen the promos for a new show on CBS about an island and murder,it's coming soon. Called Harpers' Island and each week there is a new victim! Go to cbs.com to learn more. Looks interesting!!

Libby's Library said...

Man - even Becky is watching Lost. I feel so "out of the loop"!

Coffeypot said...

I stopped watching Lost and Hero because it got to be like studying for a college exam. I had to pay too much attention, try to remember who is what and how many times they have to die and come back to life and other stuff. There are too many characters to keep track of and too many popping in and out of the story. It just wasn’t fun anymore. I’m glad you still enjoy it, though.