My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Monday, March 02, 2009

Light

I've decided to create a transcript of our "conversations" with the entities from the investigation. It will probably be the longest post in blogger history, but it will give you a feel of what happened. It will also take a while to get it all down... it was about 45 minutes to an hour of non-stop questions and answers.

Fascinating...

In the mean time, I'd like to tell you a funny story that happened to me and Leah while in another part of the house.

We were in a room at the front of the house called JD's room. This was the bedroom of the original builder of the house. In a previous investigation an EVP was captured of a man humming a song.

Leah and I were sitting there in the quiet and occasionally asking a question. At one point I looked up and saw a flash of red. I said "did you see that red light up in the corner?" Leah said she had seen it that time and a couple of times before.

We started asking questions and would get a flash in return.

After about 5 minutes I said "you know what? That light isn't moving. It's staying in one place." I looked out the front window and mentioned that there was an empty house across the street that was up for sale. I wondered if it could be the reflection of an alarm beam.

We had a small digital recorder with us that had a red light. Leah moved it to another part of the table in case the light was reflecting somehow on the wall.

I finally said that I was going to get up and go to the wall to see if I could see it flash or if it would stop.

I got to the side of the room where the flash was happening, put my hands on the wall and looked up.

And started laughing.

I looked at Leah and said "For the past 10 minutes we have been having a conversation with the smoke detector!"

Debunked!!! The Ghost Hunters ain't got nuttin' on us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a side note:

We DID get an EVP while in the room. At one point I asked Leah "Do you feel anything?" and just as I finished asking the question, you can hear a man say something. I can't make out what it is, but the voice is there. Leah and I didn't hear it AT. ALL. She actually says "ummmm not really" about a second AFTER my question.

There were no men downstairs with us.. they were is a seperate part of the house.

7 comments:

Libby's Library said...

I'm so glad that you had a great time. By-the-way...You've been tagged!

Patty said...

I have a program that will clean those recordings up for you if your interested email me #autumnsbutterfly@yahoo.com
I have a post up about my house too..cant wait to read about yurs

Biddie said...

Lol. I'm glad that you had such a good time.
I can't wait to hear more!

Biddie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Coffeypot said...

I know you were very exited to be talking to a 200 year-old smoke detector. I guess it was the batteries that were dead.

Southern (in)Sanity said...

Are you sure it wasn't the smoke detector talking?

Just kidding.

Becky said...

Spoooky!