My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Hanging by a cable

It sounds irrational, but this is one of my biggest fears. Every time I am in a parking deck and have to park where they have cables I am afraid my foot will hit the gas pedal.

And I'll wind up like this...


Luckily, this guy was concious and the rescuers got him out alive. They had to pull him through an OPEN WINDOW! He's hanging 7 stories above the street folks! SEVEN STORIES! And it looks like only three cables are holding his car in place; the article says the wheels are not even touching the parking deck. Holy crapola!

If it were me? The paramedics and rescue workers would have pulled a dead lady from the car. I would have had a heart attack then and there.

Makes me cringe just looking at it.

Update: Yes, the driver has now been charged with DUI. Dumbass.

9 comments:

Lisa said...

OMG that's scary! I'm with you.....they would have been lugging out a dead body; nothankyou!

Craig said...

This wasn't on my list of fears...until now. Yikes.

whatevergirl said...

I saw this unfolding on the news last night. They kept saying a child was in the car, but I saw no movement. I was so releieved this morning when they reported that he got out safely and there was no child in the car. He was driving under the influence. I bet he feels like an ass! Don't drink and drive!

Heidi the Hick said...

I hate parking garages with an irrational intensity...

Coffeypot said...

They could have charged his with loitering because he was just hanging around. Ha, Ha, Ha! Lordie, I crack myself up.

Unknown said...

Just curious...did anyone bother to check if their was a Florida lisence plate on the car? That could explain a lot of things...

GrizzBabe said...

Cables? Why don't that have anything sturdier to keep people from falling to their deaths?

Canadian flake said...

I was just gonna say...prolly what saved him from having a heart attack was that he was under the influence...maybe they should have left him there long enough for him to sober up...

lulu said...

They would find me dead and covered in my own pee.