My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Friday, October 26, 2007

A long lost friend

I don't have many friends from when I was younger. We moved from one house the summer before my 5th grade year so the friends I had made in elementary school were left behind. When you are that young, you never think to get phone numbers and call to catch up. Back in that day you didn't have email or the internet to keep up with folks.

Then my parents divorced when I was 11 so I had to leave one school in the middle of 6th grade to move into an apartment with mom. I've seen one or two folks from that time over the years. Actually dated one of my 6th grade boyfriends while I was in college.

Then, mom bought a house while I was in 8th grade so I had to leave my friends from middle school and start over as the new kid. Once I arrived at the new middle school, I made some friends but have lost touch with all of them over the years.

Except for one.

Whatevergirl is a new commentor on my blog; she is the top link at 40 and a Bit Cheeky.

I have known WEG since we were little - maybe 6 or so... her mom and my mom worked together and they were best friends. I remember going to her house and playing with WEG but she was SO shy she never really said anything to me.

When mom bought our house, WEG and her family lived next door. We became inseperable. We went skating on Monday nights (and Friday and Saturday - if we behaved ourselves), we hung out at the pool, and went to Six Flags together (and danced!!!!! oh lordy did we dance!)

She even met her husband at my Sweet 16 party! I feel soley responsible for that match-up.

It's all blurry but her family moved out sometime after we graduated from high school. We lost touch for a number of years but finally got reacquainted through Classmates. We emailed back and forth, and I went to her 40th birthday party this year!

She is a Lost-aholic - like me - and we have already started a discussion a full 4 months before the show airs.

You will love Whatevergirl. She is new to blogging, but I know her stories are going to keep you in stitches. The girl is a NUT! Pop over and say "Hi!" I am thrilled to have her in blogland so I can keep up with her and her family again.

Maybe NOW we can get together for dinner or something.

15 comments:

Canadian flake said...

I will be sure to stop in and say hi...if her blog is half as good as yours, I will be a loyal reader I am sure.

Marni said...

Well, aren't you the sweetest!!! That comment just made my day. Thank you!

She only has two posts at the moment, but if I know her, it will be a great blog!

whatevergirl said...

Ok. You made me cry! I never log on this early because i need to be getting ready for work, BUT I had to email one of Gabrielle's teachers and thought I would pop in really quick...

First of all I have to say, you were always a great friend to me, and I miss you when we lose touch! We had GREAT times together, and no one was more fun to go skating with than you.

The other day there was a lady talking about being a little sad that she was only going to have one child. I told her that one of my best friends growing up was an only child, and she was the most generous person that I knew. I was speaking of you. Besides your great sense of humor (probably from being coffeypot's daugher), that is what I remember most about you. You shared everything.

Secondly, you are solely responsible for Jeff and I being together NOT only because we met at your house BUT because we were both so shy, we would have NEVER gotten together if you had not been a matchmaker. Remember asking me if he could call me or if he could hold my hand? He would have never asked me himself!! You were always great in that aspect.

And thank you for sending blogging traffic my way. I have emailed a few of my friends, but they have yet to stop by. This could become as addicting as LOST!!!
love ya....have a great day!

whatevergirl said...

Oh, and I forgot to say, you do have an awesome blog...I hope mine will be half as good!!!

Marni said...

Oh dear -- now you've made ME cry...

Coffeypot said...

You both are sooooo sweet. I have run out of paper towels and Kleenex and napkins for wiping away tears and blowing my nose. I have to go check my blood sugar level because I think I’ve overdosed.

Marni said...

Shut up daddio

Marni said...

And that wasn't an angry shut up either... just so you know...

Coffeypot said...

What did you say? Everything is blurred and I can't see because of the tears.

Cup said...

I'll have to check out her blog.

BTW, what happened to Metalgeekster?

katy said...

will go and say hi right now, if she is a friend of yours she will be great

a/k/a Nadine said...

Yup, I'll pop over for a visit.

I just found out a classmate of mine from highschool owns and operates a restaurant in Atlanta- The Lamplighter Cafe. Ever heard of it?

raine said...

I'll go say hi..old friends are the best...

Biddie said...

That's great, Marni. I'm so happy that you have found each other again :) I'll have to check her out.

GrizzBabe said...

Awww, it's so good to find lost friends.