My Daily Reads

My Peeps

Love Around the World

Visitors

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Do you have BBC America?

If you do, you MUST watch Torchwood. A team of hotties that catch aliens in Great Britain. It is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!

If you don't have BBCA -- go get it NOW.

Trust me. You won't regret it.

From their website:

The team, led by the enigmatic, ever-watchful Captain Jack Harkness (John Barrowman, Doctor Who, De-Lovely), uses scavenged alien technology to solve present day crime - both alien and human. They’re separate from the government, working outside the police and beyond the United Nations. From an underground base built on a rift in time and space, Torchwood sets its own rules, delving into the unknown and fighting the impossible whether it is responding to an alien threat, sightings of extra-terrestrial technology, an unusual autopsy report, or the spread of a deadly alien virus.

Part X-Files, part Angel, Torchwood is the team we’d all love to be part of, where excitement comes before morality and the rules are made as you go along.

It's my new favorite show. And it comes on Saturday night... only one of the most boring nights of TV.

WATCH IT!

11 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Thanks! I'm recording it now so I can watch it later.

katy said...

loved dr who but just couldn't get into tourchwood, how strange am I

Michael Colvin said...

Really? I tried hard to like it because Dr Who is so fab. Maybe it's all that time I spent as a kid in Wales where it's filmed. It NEVER stopped raining.

Marni said...

I guess it is just so different from anything else we have on tv...

When was it on there? It is new here... are we getting your old shows? :)

katy said...

yes think you are getting the old shows, although it has not been out too long maybe just over a year, it got a slating over here

Drier said...

I thought you were talking about female hotties. I'm not watching.

raine said...

I'll have to try and find it on dvd....

Biddie said...

It sounds like something that I would like, but I haven't seen it in the tv guide here.
I do NOT like Dr. Who, though. Makes me the minority around here, I guess. I think it's just because my step father used to make watch it when I was a kid. ( I know, they have a new one)Reminds me of him. ~shudder~

Princess Banter said...

Gaaaah I don't have BBCA! But I wanna waaaaatch... what do i doooo?

Marni said...

Princess: I've seen it on another channel, too. I can't remember which one, but when I find out I'll let you know.

Craig said...

I've watched the first three episodes so far and am loving it. Of course, I thought Jack was a great character on Doctor Who, so it's not too surprising. It's kind of weird right now since the current episode (current arc really) of Doctor Who on Sci Fi has brought Jack back to the show.